Everything Matters

Everything Matters
Zim's Bottling of Strawn

Monday, July 7, 2014

Rising Star...Beauty is Down There


I've been passing these old cars in Rising Star for several years now, never having the time to stop and take their portrait. Not too long ago I also passed an old house, maybe it was a school house, between Ranger and Bullock. It had fallen to its knees, then to the ground, all in one night it appeared. Whatever was there was lost, visually, unless some heir or ancestor steps forward.

So I stopped and paid these cars my compliment, Lady Nikon at the ready. I wonder, as I always do, what lives they'd lived - what families owned them, what women were driven to the hospital in labor in these cars, what soldiers were ferried home from the war in the now-rotten front seat, what hard workin jobs paid for them, mostly in cash (no GMAC back then).

These cars are monuments. Witnesses or rather participants in lives, perhaps in loves we will never know about. So there they are. There is beauty in Rising Star. Next stop, Cross Plains...write it down. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment